parenting BY dummies has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://parentingbydummies.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Photo of the happy b-Day, U.S.A



We live in a lovely, small town.

It is home to about 60,000 people.

I know, it doesn't sound small, but it feels small.

And, not small in the I-hate-that-everyone-knows-my-business-can't-go-to-the-store-without-makeup-mostly-everyone's-related way that people love to hate.

It feels small in the I-love-that-everyone-waves-and-sometimes-people-recognize-me-and-that's-okay-because-they-are-friendly-not-creepy way that makes you really feel like you are part of a community.

I never thought I'd say this about any city in Maryland (don't hate me, I'm still a Cali girl in my heart), but I almost love it here.

I still have a few issues (why do people drive SO slow, and seriously with the livestock) with this county, not to mention this state (a sidewalk would be nice).

But, my neighbors, and I don't just mean the ones on my street, I mean the ones that I see at the grocery store, and the carnival (dontcha just love those, Carnies and all?), and the hospital, are pretty cool. Not exactly cool in the traditional sense, but still, pretty cool.

And, our Fourth of July, which actually starts on the third of July around here, is off to an amazing start.

We spent Friday evening at an annual local event that kids and adults alike can't help but to enjoy.

See. Doesn't he look like he's lovin' it?



How could you not love this?



Jeez, even Santa loves it. What? Didn't you know he has a summer home in Maryland?



Can't wait for today's festivities.

We're having a block party!

Wish me a drama free day... you know how neighbors can be:)!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you a lot of fun and minimal drama (some drama = excitement) for your block party. Happy 4th and stay cool! I love your blog!

Nicole said...

OHHH...a block party! Am I invited? ;) Have a wonderful 4th!

Jennifer said...

That looks like tons of fun. We live in a (for real) small town, about 10,000 people, and I don't think it has the feel that your (bigger) small town has. I wish it did. Count yourself lucky.

The Redhead Riter said...

Visiting from SITS. Happy 4th of July!

Alicia said...

i loooove the santa pick!! its amazing!

Dumb Mom said...

Why thank you, Alicia. That means a lot seeing how obtaining (or possibly giggling uncontrollably about) Santa's pic inconspicuously caused me to sustain a blow to my leg that led to bleeding and intense pain. Lesson: Do not laugh at Santa, it's naughty. P.S. Not that anyone cares, but I am fine:)

ItsKelly said...

Visiting from SITS to say HI! I hope you had a wonderful 4th!

KnitterMama said...

I know exactly what you mean about living in a community. It is surprisingly NICE, isn't it?

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

I just tagged you for the "Honest Scrap Tag"

Unknown said...

SITs sent me your way! Happy 4th, actually 5th!

Hope you and your family had a great celebration!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool. It sounds like a great weekend.

Giving away two copies of the movie Extract starring Jason Bateman and Ben Affleck. Contest ends 4/2/10.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Show Some Love

Vote for my blog parenting BY dummies on Mom Blog Network


Vote for my blog parentingBYdummies on Mom Blog Network
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
RuffleButt Logo


HalfButtonHPM

the mom blogs