This is #2’s FAVORITE thing to say.
He wakes up in the morning…BOOM BABY!
I serve him his dinner…BOOM BABY!
He gets released from
prison time out, that’s right…BOOM BABY!
At first, I found it quite comical.
Then it moved dangerously close to the annoying department (especially when he said it after time out, because it sorta cheapened the whole thing, as though he was wholly unaffected by my attempt to impose my silly little rules upon him).
Now I’m starting to appreciate it for it’s ability to up the awesome on the most mundane, everyday tasks.
Can you even guess how much more amazing flushing the toilet is when there is someone saying BOOM BABY as it happens?
BOOM BABY is quickly turning into our family mantra (or motto like Mama Kat suggested for the week's Writer's Workshop. And, so what if I'm cheating a wee little bit, she'll forgive me because she loves me! Right Mama K? You do love me, don't you? I mean, that's just the impression I got when we spent that night in Vegas together. Wait...What?! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?! I thought you were different. I thought this was special. Like we had something.).
You know, some people say let’s roll, we say BOOM BABY.
So, while the unveiling of the First Annual Merry Effing Christmas Photo Contest entries may already be full of more excitement and anticipation than one holiday photo contest can stand, how ‘bout a little more?
Casa de Dummies style!
Here they are.
In random order.
With captions you will love, or hate, or love to hate.
For your voting pleasure (however, you may only do so once per day!).
Merry Effing Christmas.
1. From When Did I Become My Mom?
2. From Adrian’s Crazy Life (get the full story on this one, by clicking the link)
3. From My Life…Badly Written (another with a worth-reading back story)
4. From My Life in Words (more this-is-a-true-story action)
5. From Seven Clown Circus (I added the elf b/c without it, the picture was just too dang cute! It was stifling my funny. My original caption was, “I love Angie even if her hair looks kinda wonky.” That’s just not funny. So, in goes creepy little elf dude and out comes a caption I can be proud of! )
7. From She Says the Darndest Things
8. From For What it’s Worth or Not
9. From Honest To Betsy
10. From I’m Just Sayin’ (who I just realized I forgot to say congrats on baby’s birth to when he was born nearly 2 months ago, because I’m an insensitive idiot who reads and responds to comments via email instead of visiting blogs to check up on people like I should. Sorry, don’t hate me! And, when he’s not screaming because he hates his mommy’s idea of a cute suit, he is quite the cutie, so go take a peek!)
11. From Blogbaby. Where naughty is the new black and gifts for Christmas are so 2000 and late.
12. From Life With Kaishon.
13. From 4 Lettre Words. And, no. It’s not a typo.
14. From Peanut Butter in My Hair. Winner of the Least Likely to Ever Get a Good Picture of Her Kids Award.
15. From Supah Mommy. Reining PBD Photo Contest Champ and resident Overachiever. Obviously I didn’t make this card since it looks all pro-fes-sion-Al.
16. From All You Need is Love
17. From Mom Most Traveled
18. From The Mommyologist (who should get extra points for blog name originality, I think.)
19. From The Daily Dribbles. Another overachieving, contest host shower upper who made her own card
just to rub my face in her graphic design skilldizzels because she’s awesome like that.
20. From Night Light Stories
21. From Food Don’t Grow on Trees, owner and operator of one of the cutest sets of triplets ever.
22. From The Triplet Crown, owner and operator of the other cutest set of triplets I’ve ever, who is also
crazy brave enough to be pregnant with baby #4.
23. From Superdumb Supervillain (another best-blog-title nominee)
24. From Tracy’s Topics
25. From True Confessions of a Single Mother
26. From Hip as I Wanna Be
27. Last but not least, from The (Un)Experienced MomMeasuring My Life in L-O-V-E (who gets an extra vote for being added a day late). Thanks for showing your panties!
29) The real, real seriously this time, I'm like 99.9% sure this is the last forgotten entry from Hiding from the Kids, who has every right to boycott this contest, this blog, and me (aka the worst photo contest hosting blog owner EVER) in general. So, in an effort to prevent being hated on by her plethora of readers, I'm gonna give her 2 free votes just because I suck. Please don't hate me, because then I'll have to blog about it, and I'm WAY too tired to blog right now!
*Official Rules: One vote per person per day. No anonymous voters accepted. Voting will close at 6pm on 12/18/09. Winner and runners-up will be announced 12/19/09.