parenting BY dummies has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://parentingbydummies.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What are you doing?

Naked wrestling.

Much to my (and especially Husband's) discomfort, this is one of their favorite past times.

It's always been a little weird. They have been doing it for years. It started when #2 was about 18 months old (#1 was 5) and they would go to their room after bath and wrestle. Naked wrestle. Not a huge deal. They thought it was fun, I thought it was cute (sorta). No one was getting hurt. Whatever.

Now that they are older (almost 4 & 7) it just looks a lot different. The man parts are flying around a little more noticeably and it has just started to creep me out more than it used to.

It's not the nakedness that bothers me because I'm used to that. #2 lives his life naked. He is unwilling and, I suspect, unable to keep his clothing on for very long periods of time. I guess he feels the most uninhibited when he is unrestrained by clothing. I try to enforce clothing at the dinner table, but I have to admit, I've lost that battle on more than one occasion.

He generally spends the evenings in his undergarments, and quite frequently in the buff. It's to the point where you hardly notice if he is naked or not. The only times it's really apparent is during naked wrestling (of course) or when he's wearing just one item. Like sometimes he'll put on just his house shoes or just a hat. Then it's like, oh, he's naked.

So, it's not the naked part that bothers me about naked wrestling. I think it's all the touching and rubbing and wrestling while naked that I am uncomfortable with. The only reason I've let it continue so long is that they are so innocent about it and they seem to be enjoying it immensely. Although, now that I think about it, they seem to be enjoying it a little too much; lots of excitement and nervous giggling. But, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I'm probably casting my own feelings onto it and making it seem icky when it's probably not. Or is it? I don't know.

Husband recently encountered naked wrestling. He was horrified. Visibly horrified. As a result, #1 has started to keep his undies on for it, sometimes. A little better, but still weird.

I don't want to make a huge deal outta the whole thing.

Trying to preserve body image, keep lines of communication open, that whole deal.

But, really, they are geekin' me out with this one.

Maybe it's time to stop. Yeah, think it's time to stop.

No comments:

Giving away two copies of the movie Extract starring Jason Bateman and Ben Affleck. Contest ends 4/2/10.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Show Some Love

Vote for my blog parenting BY dummies on Mom Blog Network


Vote for my blog parentingBYdummies on Mom Blog Network
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
RuffleButt Logo


HalfButtonHPM

the mom blogs