parenting BY dummies has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://parentingbydummies.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Reason 4,376

that moms are no longer respectable members of society. At least not us dumb ones.

I had our carpets professionally cleaned today.

Not sure why I wanted them to come in the middle of winter since they leave the front door wide open for the duration of the treatment. Oh well, I'm dumb.

Not only am I dumb, but apparently I live in a household with highly sophisticated saboteurs.

While the technician was having his way with our carpeting upstairs I had erected a series of barriers to keep #2 & #3 from running out of the house and absconding with the cleaning truck. When he completed his work, he called me over to barricade 1 to sign the paperwork. I realized that I had left my check book in the car so I entered the kitchen to get my keys so that I could retrieve it.

Mistake.

#3 had left a booby trap.

Apparently he's figured out how to open his sippy cups.

I slipped on his slippery land mine.

I didn't know I could do the splits. Actually, I can not do the splits which maybe explains why my hip is throbbing.

The technician didn't laugh too hard. And, at least he asked if I was okay first. And, to make me feel less like the dummy I am, he shared a horrifying story of his own with me. So, thanks, that made me feel a little better. Not a lot, but a little.

One quick question though for my little assassin in training: did you have to put the top back on the cup to disguise your dirty dealings?

You may have won this battle, but you have not won the war.

I'm still in this thing.

You have not seen the last of me.

I'm gonna get you sucka!

No comments:

Giving away two copies of the movie Extract starring Jason Bateman and Ben Affleck. Contest ends 4/2/10.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Show Some Love

Vote for my blog parenting BY dummies on Mom Blog Network


Vote for my blog parentingBYdummies on Mom Blog Network
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
RuffleButt Logo


HalfButtonHPM

the mom blogs