1. This is my Moxie Mona post. Those sassy divas from Moxie Media sent her to my neck of the blogging woods this summer and today is my day to report on her fantastic voyage (song reference again, anyone?).
2. This is my Thursday Thank You post. However, let me state, for the record, I let Mona take over for the week so if it's offensive, rude, or otherwise distasteful, talk to the super hero in the hot pants. I figured, it's just good manners to allow her the opportunity to thank me for hosting her this summer. I mean, not to complain or anything, but she was a little bit of a mooch! She, went on all of my family trips and she never once offered to give me gas money.
Seriously, you'd think someone who got a free ride to a Washington Redskins game,
the National Aquarium (tempted though we were, we didn't feed her to the sharks),
Port Discovery Children's Museum (she got to try out all sorts of exhibits),
The Maryland Science Center (she experienced a rare dinosaur encounter she'll never forget),
the beach (it may just be a lake, but beggars can't be choosers and Mona was definitely begging for a tan),
And countless other exotic locales (aka my kitchen during a dude feeding frenzy).
I guess even superheroes are feeling the crunch of this economy. But, somehow she could still afford those sexy boots and that bedazzled head gear she wears. What's up with that?
At least she has a few redeeming qualities: she's
3. This is my response to Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop for the week (If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?), also answered, quite eloquently I might add, by Mona (Miss Moxie if you're nasty) and her witty little ditty.
4. This is my chance to share a few things about my home
So, what are some things about Middle of Nowhere, Maryland that you probably didn't know?
Hmmm, ooh, ooh, here's one...did you know the dude who wrote the National Anthem (you know, the song no one in this country seems to know the words to), Francis Scott Key, is from my hometown?
And, technically, this great city of mine is the second largest one in the state of Maryland (only it's still so small in the grand scheme of things, that no one really cares).
Finally, Frederick (lovingly referred to 'round these parts as Fredneck), Maryland is home to three super smart, amazingly handsome, winning personalities, known online as #1, #2, and #3.
As far as what I've learned about Ms. Mona, all I can say is, awe-some!
For one thing, she is quite the budding actor. She won a starring role in our local theater production: Knights, Blood, and Mind Control.
And, in spite of her inappropriate attire, she is a whiz with the kids (which I was super grateful for 'cause I really abhor Spiderman Memory).
But, Mona does have a bit of a thing for men in uniform.
and, rouge adventurers?!
I forgive you, Mona, I like a little danger myself:)!
5. Finally, this is an opportunity to demonstrate that I am quite the celebrity (as I've been attempting to prove to you for ages), with an exciting, action packed social calendar that I can hardly keep up with myself. The fact that some people have argued that I am a dork who spends most of her time in sweats sitting in her basement reading vampire books or playing dodge ball with a group of smelly little kids is fully unsupported and contrary to the evidence provided herein.
So, stop it right now you haters.
I am awesome. Ask Mona.
Thursday Thank You for the week is a tribute to the entire Casa de Dummies, brought to you by Moxie Mona, with a card picked up from a local boutique,Urban Cottage.
I'm hoping this isn't some sort of backhanded compliment regarding the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of my house. 'Cause, really Mona, we can't all be super sexy super heroes who parade around the country from house to house making merry.
Some of us are just regular old (tired, chunky, and not exceptionally smart) moms who are trying to do the best we can with what we've been given. And, in case anyone's wondering, I have not been given a broom, a mop, or a feather duster, so I have no intention of using them.
Thank you, and you're welcome.
My boots are red,
My shorts are blue.
I'll tell you one thing
I'm sure is true.
I've traveled east,
I've traveled west.
And, there's one place
I like the best.
This place I love
if full of boys.
And all around
lie piles toys.
But the mom is funny
and the dad's sorta hot,
and the kids are cool
even covered in snot.
I had tons of fun
thanks to the girls @ Moxie.
So, thanks for sending me