Thanks to Mama's Losin' It and the dudes I've been inspired.
Today's post will cover the Top Five Things the Dudes Talked About Today (in random order).
1. School. Today was the first day back from spring break, so they (and I) were all consumed with what they did there (#1 went to recess & #2 had snack), who they talked to (#1 talked to Jack & #2 talked to no one), what they learned (#1 forgot & #2 learned about birds and bees, actually I think the topic was spring but this is all he remembers), and if they had a good day (#1 yes & #2 would have if I would've come back faster). As for Mommy, I had a wonderful day. At least until the bus pulled up and the complaining ensued. Which leads me to the second hot topic of the day.
2. Dinner. I served them dinner at 4:30 today. It was early because #1 had karate and they couldn't wait until afterwards. I hate serving early dinner because then they want me to make them various snacks throughout the evening. Tonight's early dinner was even worse because all they could talk about was how much they hated it (teriyaki noodles with edamame and tofu) and they fought tooth and nail to avoid putting even one morsel of it down their skinny little throats (I won b/c they both ate at least half of it, but not without a fight). See, this is why I find it so frustrating to serve them healthy, home cooked meals, because the whole time all they do is b*tch and moan about how disgusting it is. I give up. They are getting chicken nuggets and mac and cheese tomorrow, for real.
3. Books. We finally got our library suspension lifted! $11.28. That's how much I paid in fines today. So I checked out some really fun, new books (one of which will be making it into the Books for Boys Club very soon) that they read together tonight. It was all good, no fighting, no whining, no tattling, until #3 ripped a page outta one of the books. Blast! This is why we don't have nuthin! Seriously, that librarian probably hates to see us coming. I bet she puts up all of the good stuff when she spots us on the floor. At least I was able to expertly reattach the missing page with a bit of twine and a very small needle. Actually, I just taped that bad boy back in and called it a day. Maybe they won't notice until after the next patron checks it out. I know, I'm bad.
4. Bo. Yep, the furry friend of our Commander in Chief was an exciting topic for the inmates at Casa de Dummies tonight. And, for the record, Mr. President, I really didn't need you to go and get your kids a dog right now as we are having an ongoing
5. Nothing. After quite an exhausting day at school, a trip to the library, and the whole Kung Fu Panda routine, my little dudes were T-I-R-E-D. They were asleep before their smelly little heads even hit the pillows. This is why I love school:)