parenting BY dummies has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://parentingbydummies.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Is that a shoe?

Yes. It was a shoe. It was a shoe that was being launched at the head of #3 from the maniacal little hands of #2. The saddest part was that #3 was laughing uncontrollably. I think he was delirious from the intense pain. When I was standing in the kitchen listening to it all transpire I was so pleased to hear the sounds of joy, not the usual sounds of torture, coming from the next room. The only thing that I found a little suspect was the repeated thudding of something hitting the wall. I didn't investigate immediately b/c I was enjoying my few stolen moments to read the newspaper headlines. I thought, it couldn't be so bad b/c I had responsibly trapped #3 in his Exersaucer. He could not escape. My joy, however, was, as always, short lived b/c as I rounded the corner and saw a number of shoes surrounding the Exersaucer and my mini masochist sitting there cackling hysterically as a Nike trainer bounced off his head I knew for sure that these people can not be trusted. #2 is most definitely insane. He actually told me that the baby "liked it". I know that the kid was sending mixed signals, but c'mon. Even a four year old must know that people, normal people at least, do not like having footwear thrown at their heads. Seriously. At least he had the decency to use only child sized shoes.

Lesson for the dumb: Don't buy shoes. They hurt people.

1 comment:

Kathy B! said...

I don't know... I've seen my kids do a fair number of stupid/painful things. When questioned about it they swear up and down that they were all having FUN. Maybe the truth of the matter is that we're all just running a little bit crazy trying to put on a facade of sanity?

Giving away two copies of the movie Extract starring Jason Bateman and Ben Affleck. Contest ends 4/2/10.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Show Some Love

Vote for my blog parenting BY dummies on Mom Blog Network


Vote for my blog parentingBYdummies on Mom Blog Network
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
RuffleButt Logo


HalfButtonHPM

the mom blogs